A shapeless hapless black dot
As black as a painted devil
Though the devil himself so evil
Is not as dark black as he’s painted.
Is it the only black dot in the pot?
The black ants within the dot
Move so sluggish like dull maggots
Without any proper direction or precaution.
They beg and beg from other dots afar
Beg technologies, machineries and white paint
Their mind and blood too black to invent
And white paint won’t change their blackness.
White ants within the white dots
Make the whole pot sparkling clean, so sheen
Their mind and blood painted white and right
They have huge heads to invent and innovate.
Will the black dot outshine the white dots one day?
Lauwo George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Dot by Lauwo George )
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)