King Femi Oloidi
Black and White Days
At three years old;
we freely hid from tree to tree,
and sneaked through under table to table,
with snow smiles, filled with smells of present, and a rainbow heart of innocence, blinded with mountains of curiosity and fountains of supreme surprises.
Clowning and crowning was fully allowed.
But frowning and crying was full suppressed and disallowed.
Dreams were monochrome,
while responsibility was asleep.
Ambition was a joke,
while play was a gift of shift without a fight.
Eze went to school with thorn school uniform, without a pen, book and school sandals, but still graduated with flying laughter.
Tortoise could not trick the snail, because they both live in a shell.
But it tricked the lion, by drowning into its shell.
Kisses were meaningless, but still served has the eyes of salvation.
While wildness was sweetness.
Danger was headless,
while envy had shortness of breath.
Ada and Obi's affectionate touches; never stole away virginity.
Sooner they departed into growth and found themselves in the paths of modernization.
And Ada could no longer tell; if Obi is still a boy. Because her trust has rusted,
and she wonders, why did their eyes met again in the rainbow lane of maturity?
But she can't doubt God, the Almighty master designer of affection.
Because he has immortalized the future,
and has wisely joined Obi and Ada solely together, till eternity sleeps.
King Femi Oloidi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black and White Days by King Femi Oloidi )
- Dreams Create a Beautiful World, Rohit Sapra
- The touch of a star is like the touch of.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Art of Creation, Anthony Di'anno
- Breathing slow, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Same Moon, Amber Carreon
- You and Your Self, Frank Avon
- delicious red, Mandolyn ...
- Better than that, Cee Bea
- kya mila-, sanjay kumar maurya
- क्या मिला, sanjay kumar maurya
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- After Making Love We Hear Footsteps, Galway Kinnell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Balade of Complaint, Geoffrey Chaucer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)