King Femi Oloidi
Black and White Days
At three years old;
we freely hid from tree to tree,
and sneaked through under table to table,
with snow smiles, filled with smells of present, and a rainbow heart of innocence, blinded with mountains of curiosity and fountains of supreme surprises.
Clowning and crowning was fully allowed.
But frowning and crying was full suppressed and disallowed.
Dreams were monochrome,
while responsibility was asleep.
Ambition was a joke,
while play was a gift of shift without a fight.
Eze went to school with thorn school uniform, without a pen, book and school sandals, but still graduated with flying laughter.
Tortoise could not trick the snail, because they both live in a shell.
But it tricked the lion, by drowning into its shell.
Kisses were meaningless, but still served has the eyes of salvation.
While wildness was sweetness.
Danger was headless,
while envy had shortness of breath.
Ada and Obi's affectionate touches; never stole away virginity.
Sooner they departed into growth and found themselves in the paths of modernization.
And Ada could no longer tell; if Obi is still a boy. Because her trust has rusted,
and she wonders, why did their eyes met again in the rainbow lane of maturity?
But she can't doubt God, the Almighty master designer of affection.
Because he has immortalized the future,
and has wisely joined Obi and Ada solely together, till eternity sleeps.
King Femi Oloidi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black and White Days by King Femi Oloidi )
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)