King Femi Oloidi
Black and White Days
At three years old;
we freely hid from tree to tree,
and sneaked through under table to table,
with snow smiles, filled with smells of present, and a rainbow heart of innocence, blinded with mountains of curiosity and fountains of supreme surprises.
Clowning and crowning was fully allowed.
But frowning and crying was full suppressed and disallowed.
Dreams were monochrome,
while responsibility was asleep.
Ambition was a joke,
while play was a gift of shift without a fight.
Eze went to school with thorn school uniform, without a pen, book and school sandals, but still graduated with flying laughter.
Tortoise could not trick the snail, because they both live in a shell.
But it tricked the lion, by drowning into its shell.
Kisses were meaningless, but still served has the eyes of salvation.
While wildness was sweetness.
Danger was headless,
while envy had shortness of breath.
Ada and Obi's affectionate touches; never stole away virginity.
Sooner they departed into growth and found themselves in the paths of modernization.
And Ada could no longer tell; if Obi is still a boy. Because her trust has rusted,
and she wonders, why did their eyes met again in the rainbow lane of maturity?
But she can't doubt God, the Almighty master designer of affection.
Because he has immortalized the future,
and has wisely joined Obi and Ada solely together, till eternity sleeps.
King Femi Oloidi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black and White Days by King Femi Oloidi )
- Bitch Please, Akhil Zoomin
- The Lonely One, John F. McCullagh
- Psalm I, Joseph Hall
- Psalm LVII, George Wither
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
- Lovely Polly Stewart, Robert Burns
- Rantin, Rovin Robin, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)