Black and Gold
Gold shimmers and dark, bottomless pools
call from the shallow film
of my freshly mopped floor.
with no common sense
in a corner.
Melancholy meanders unwelcome, through the moment
I daydream, and wait
For it to evaporate
hold a memory.
The gold is real and it floats
on the surface
in the dark.
There you are, and you are real.
in the fathoms
Reckless and unafraid
Here, I recall the memory
left at the end of my fingertips.
This fantasy place
of gold rolled thin,
is the escape I chose.
The dark is a blessing
in my nakedness
with gold's caresses
When fantasy unfolds and lays
flat on the surface
Held up from below
shimmering, as gold
To be lifted and kissed
Inviting, submerging my skin
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black and Gold by Stevie Taite )
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA