Black and Gold
Gold shimmers and dark, bottomless pools
call from the shallow film
of my freshly mopped floor.
with no common sense
in a corner.
Melancholy meanders unwelcome, through the moment
I daydream, and wait
For it to evaporate
hold a memory.
The gold is real and it floats
on the surface
in the dark.
There you are, and you are real.
in the fathoms
Reckless and unafraid
Here, I recall the memory
left at the end of my fingertips.
This fantasy place
of gold rolled thin,
is the escape I chose.
The dark is a blessing
in my nakedness
with gold's caresses
When fantasy unfolds and lays
flat on the surface
Held up from below
shimmering, as gold
To be lifted and kissed
Inviting, submerging my skin
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black and Gold by Stevie Taite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote