Black And Decker (TM) Ambush
The toaster oven turned house assassin
The switch was off - orange bright light was on
And feeling the unexpected heat
As 'Doubting Thomas' worked the switch
Unbelieving of observation.
Our sweet toaster had turned assassin
And though having missed by some greater grace
As assassins are wont to do
The house would have been the object of its fire.
Justice was summary and swift
Betraying house god to the trash was a fast throw
But despite the execution fear has lingered
Where ever did its malignant spirit go?
Bill Grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black And Decker (TM) Ambush by Bill Grace )
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster
- Never the end, Curtis Brown