I sit here in silence thinking of my fate, the quiet seeping through me making me ache.
I see the shiny grey sliver next to my bed, I wonder if tonight I'll end up dead.
I play with it turning it around in my palm, I slice at my skin and start to calm.
But he walks in with a smile on his face, I freak out and feel my heart race.
He asks me a simple question then leaves, not noticing my legs as the bleed.
He's given up hope, of that I'm sure. I've lost my dreams, there's no hope left for a cure.
My mind is made up and that how it'll stay, I can hear laughter of the dead saying 'come play.'
My thigh is now soaked in the dripping bright red, I can still feel echoes of what others have said.
They tell me they care and will stay close to me, then when I mention this they say I'm crazy.
They've left me to this final decision to make, little do they know I've had all I could take.
I've lost myself and will never come back, so why stay here when my world has turned black?
Crystal Blanchette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black by Crystal Blanchette )
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
- For the Taste, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)