It can not stand still, no.
It can only give way to the new, yes.
It can not be denied, no.
You can only succumb to its dominant will, yes.
Friends become lovers, lovers become friends.
Love turns to hate, yes.
Then, you were there, now you are here. Yes.
Life blooms, life decays.
The sun rises, and swiftly gives way to sunset.
Oh, the vitality and energy of youth.
Seemingly indomitable, yes.
But no sooner than it give way to the wisdom and slumber of old age.
Its the ebb and flow of time.
Its what makes us, its what breaks us.
We might need it.
We might loathe it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bittersweet by Doreen Maphosa )
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma
- Power absolute, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair