a decade ago
I discovered quite by chance
my child father’s
early scribbling to his ‘Nan’.
‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAN
WITH FONDEST LOVE
Today I received
a perfectly ordinary
Its child-like letters
across the page.
Its message of devotion
MY FONDEST LOVE
Perhaps one day
my children’s children
will find it tucked away among my things.
Alison Cassidy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birthday Girl by Alison Cassidy )
- Once summer comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till You Come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah