a decade ago
I discovered quite by chance
my child father’s
early scribbling to his ‘Nan’.
‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAN
WITH FONDEST LOVE
Today I received
a perfectly ordinary
Its child-like letters
across the page.
Its message of devotion
MY FONDEST LOVE
Perhaps one day
my children’s children
will find it tucked away among my things.
Alison Cassidy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birthday Girl by Alison Cassidy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mother Palestine, Abdul Munim
- O Mother Palestine, Abdul Munim
- With cowardice, hasmukh amathalal
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Leter tim biri, skender iljaz braka
- The wise people, hasmukh amathalal
- Resiliendum, Anthony Di'anno
- Per ty Palestine, skender iljaz braka
- Crisis Arrives, Naveed Akram
- My phantom grandpa!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL