Today is your day to shine
It's your birthday
Yet another year older
Hopefully you're more wiser
You may try to make yourself older, sooner then you should
But I know soon as the years slowly pass on by
You will wish to be younger not older
So I am here to tell you
Not to make yourself older
For today is your birthday
And also not New Years
Today will be the one day you can say
'I am a year older today'
So enjoy being a boy before a man
Becasue there is no going back
Today might be the end.
Happy Birthday Babe!
Kristen Otto's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birthday Boy by Kristen Otto )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Poem of the Day
- Ashamed of myself, jade mears
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...
- Snow, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Gift, Arliz Paelmo
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal