The bell chimed clear and high pitched,
It felt as if the night's silence had me ditched.
Who the hell was it to irritate me at midnight,
Opening the door revealed noone at sight.
As I snuggled under the blanket and grumbled,
The bell this time didn't ring but mumbled.
I cursed the ringer and got up,
If I see that person I'll chop him up:
I said and opened the door,
To find a neat little package kept on the floor.
There was a note on the ribbon,
The packet felt soft as hot cross buns.
I opened it to find a cute pink teddy,
It had a blue dress, soft and frilly.
The little note said Happy Birthday,
Just so you don't eat me I'll meet you the next day.
I read the note and the handwriting made me shy,
The note was written and signed by my very own sky.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birthday by Isabella Francis )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood
- Mamas Counsel, Adeosun Olamide