For Alexandra, born May 17, 1999
Armored in red, her voice commands
every corner. Bells gong on squares,
in steeples, answering the prayers.
Bright tulips crown the boulevards.
Pulled from the womb she imitates
that mythic kick from some god's head.
She roars, and we are conquered.
Her legs, set free, combat the air.
Naked warrior: she is our own.
Entire empires are overthrown.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birth Day by Elise Paschen )
- Naked, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Control Freak, Chris Broast Broast
- Love Poison, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Mandatory, michael walkerjohn
- A Kiss for advice., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sentence Bouquets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love's Voice, michael walkerjohn
- On My Way To River, Fatima Nusairat
- Encompassing Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pia Pium Sermo, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)