B irmingham was my first city
I n it I was raised, it was home
R ight from when I was a baby
M y heart was enamoured with Brum
I cannot love other cities
N ow Birmingham! Makes my heart hum
G ladly do I sing its praises
H ow I thank the heavens above
A nd Birmingham best of places
M y first metropolitan love
I love visiting its centre
S uch buildings of civic grandeur
T he town hall like those Greek temples
H ow about the art gallery
E xalting famous examples?
B irmingham is the best city
E ven Manchester can't compete
S o if you're not from Brum, pity!
T hese my praises are now complete
Elia Michael's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BIRMINGHAM by Elia Michael )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love Confessed, Sandra Feldman
- LONELY, Egbe Chris
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...