Sandi J Holland
Birds Of Joy And Hope
The only time that I have peace,
Is out in nature, trees and things.
I sit in the morning and look about,
And wait for the early birds to come out.
Even now they tweet and sing.
Far over the trees their chirping rings.
It sounds of happiness, joy and hope.
And I look up, no more to mope.
Until the next unhappy time,
When I again will sit sublime,
Among nature, the trees and things,
As birds of joy and hope doth sing.
Sandi J Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Birds Of Joy And Hope by Sandi J Holland )
- Resignation, Jeff Gangwer
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi #7, Brian Johnston
- Why Did You, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Lost Shores, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Be careful...", Jeff Gangwer
- Ten Million Colors, Jeff Gangwer
- missing you, matthew blankenship
- Never your Sun, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Jacky Tiger, Afshan Fatima
- It Gets Better, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)