Sandi J Holland
Birds Of Joy And Hope
The only time that I have peace,
Is out in nature, trees and things.
I sit in the morning and look about,
And wait for the early birds to come out.
Even now they tweet and sing.
Far over the trees their chirping rings.
It sounds of happiness, joy and hope.
And I look up, no more to mope.
Until the next unhappy time,
When I again will sit sublime,
Among nature, the trees and things,
As birds of joy and hope doth sing.
Sandi J Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Birds Of Joy And Hope by Sandi J Holland )
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)