Bird's Eye View
Sometimes we see the world through eyes
That only we can see
And when the visions are not our way
It is not what we want it to be.
We agrue when our thoughts conflict
We think we're not the same
And troubles brew and fights ignite
We make sure we have the better claim.
But what if we saw differently
Through eyes somewhere up high
A bird's eye view of everything
See the world up in the sky.
A bird's eye view can tell us how
We're all quite equal and it seems
We all have loved ones, we all have jobs
We all have goals and all have dreams.
We have our doubts and all our fears
We think with minds, we think with hearts
In fact the differences that we have
Are unneeded miniscule parts.
Through birds' eyes we're all the same
A vision that's not quite new
And if our eyes become real blind
Perhaps we should change our view.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bird's Eye View by Genevieve Pilat )
- Why does the old one suffer?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Hymn of Mercy - 17, ramesh rai
- Each Drop of Anger, a Bread Crumb to Hea.., Mr. Nobody
- फुं सोरां बिलियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Daughter of the Earth - 42, gajanan mishra
- I Always Looked Upon Them With Pity And .., Shalom Freedman
- False, Neela Nath
- A woman is going, gajanan mishra
- Like Opium, michael walkerjohn
- Conscious Love~~~, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)