Bird Choir in My Forest
The birds in the bird choir in my forest,
Sang happily to each other.
They felt they belonged with each other,
In a musical entity.
Their musical conversations diffused through the forest air.
All through my stop-go walk,
I pondered how their voices were made,
How they could so merrily talk, when they were just birds!
The greenery of my forest,
In my backyard,
Seemed imbued with color,
Of green and bird blue, bird red and other.
As I walked out of the forest,
I heard men talking.
Though what I heard was heartfelt talk,
It didn't strike me as a happy one.
Men talking or conversing,
Didn't match the innocence of the bird choir,
Green trees infused with musical notes,
Breezy leaves bouncing songs of the wild.
I never thought that I would experience this.
I never felt I cared for this.
I never ever indulged in this.
But now I cared to keep it,
In my now happier heart.
This heart for the first time, danced and sang so happily along.
That the birds looked down on me from their perch on their trees.
They all nodded their heads so gleefully,
Then they all sang to me.
They were the entire forest's birds,
And this entire forest bird choir,
Sang in my heart every day of my life.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bird Choir in My Forest by Vera Sidhwa )
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Enjoyable@@ Roma vs Bayern Munich live s.., Shohag Kaysar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- miami dupli
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)