Bird Choir in My Forest
The birds in the bird choir in my forest,
Sang happily to each other.
They felt they belonged with each other,
In a musical entity.
Their musical conversations diffused through the forest air.
All through my stop-go walk,
I pondered how their voices were made,
How they could so merrily talk, when they were just birds!
The greenery of my forest,
In my backyard,
Seemed imbued with color,
Of green and bird blue, bird red and other.
As I walked out of the forest,
I heard men talking.
Though what I heard was heartfelt talk,
It didn't strike me as a happy one.
Men talking or conversing,
Didn't match the innocence of the bird choir,
Green trees infused with musical notes,
Breezy leaves bouncing songs of the wild.
I never thought that I would experience this.
I never felt I cared for this.
I never ever indulged in this.
But now I cared to keep it,
In my now happier heart.
This heart for the first time, danced and sang so happily along.
That the birds looked down on me from their perch on their trees.
They all nodded their heads so gleefully,
Then they all sang to me.
They were the entire forest's birds,
And this entire forest bird choir,
Sang in my heart every day of my life.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bird Choir in My Forest by Vera Sidhwa )
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
- Restoring Common Sense, douglas scotney
- The Treat, Glen Eker
- A Man In Time, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Alchemists, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Black History Our History, THEODORE MOSLEY
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)