Bird Choir in My Forest
The birds in the bird choir in my forest,
Sang happily to each other.
They felt they belonged with each other,
In a musical entity.
Their musical conversations diffused through the forest air.
All through my stop-go walk,
I pondered how their voices were made,
How they could so merrily talk, when they were just birds!
The greenery of my forest,
In my backyard,
Seemed imbued with color,
Of green and bird blue, bird red and other.
As I walked out of the forest,
I heard men talking.
Though what I heard was heartfelt talk,
It didn't strike me as a happy one.
Men talking or conversing,
Didn't match the innocence of the bird choir,
Green trees infused with musical notes,
Breezy leaves bouncing songs of the wild.
I never thought that I would experience this.
I never felt I cared for this.
I never ever indulged in this.
But now I cared to keep it,
In my now happier heart.
This heart for the first time, danced and sang so happily along.
That the birds looked down on me from their perch on their trees.
They all nodded their heads so gleefully,
Then they all sang to me.
They were the entire forest's birds,
And this entire forest bird choir,
Sang in my heart every day of my life.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bird Choir in My Forest by Vera Sidhwa )
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)