Alan Bruce Thompson
Soaring up, caught by a draught,
Up more, up again, as I soared I laughed.
There I am down there, the other one of me.
The collective bird brain does not know you, does not know me.
Two parts of the same soul caught by the single wind.
What are those spots down there? Asked one of me the other.
Ah! humans in the garden of life, replied one of me to the other.
They strut to assert themselves to prove they are not one soul.
Ah! The simplicity of the bird brain, the joy of the common goal.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bird Brain by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak