Beyond the Elysian Weald
A morning gale appears from the horizon,
to shelter the verdure of the sward.
And therefore the crumpled tawny leaves,
would be bestrewed by the whistling wind.
A quiescent water gushes beyond the dam,
upon the grist mill that flows onto a ford.
Betoken of the rain that shall cover the earth,
and mend the memory that is being cleansed.
From the mist of the bleary clouds is a rainbow,
which glistens upon the ground gracefully.
There upon a stilly mound of an abode nigh,
are twenty ethereal souls who lie in rest.
The celestial caretakers of a wondrous haven,
that bears the testimony of a sullen tragedy.
And there roam angels treading upon the earth,
as the wrens chirp as they build their nest.
Their pulchritudinous aureoles glimmer then,
upon their sprightful faces and grins.
From afar to be seen are other guardian angels,
to shield the façade of the hallow welkin.
They were beloved cherubs therefore forsaken,
by a befuddled soul through his whims.
From beyond the Elysian Weald chimes of bells,
peal from a bell tower the sound of lost children.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beyond the Elysian Weald by Franc Rodriguez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(18 February 1934 – 17 November 1992)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland