Beyond the Elysian Weald
A morning gale appears from the horizon,
to shelter the verdure of the sward.
And therefore the crumpled tawny leaves,
would be bestrewed by the whistling wind.
A quiescent water gushes beyond the dam,
upon the grist mill that flows onto a ford.
Betoken of the rain that shall cover the earth,
and mend the memory that is being cleansed.
From the mist of the bleary clouds is a rainbow,
which glistens upon the ground gracefully.
There upon a stilly mound of an abode nigh,
are twenty ethereal souls who lie in rest.
The celestial caretakers of a wondrous haven,
that bears the testimony of a sullen tragedy.
And there roam angels treading upon the earth,
as the wrens chirp as they build their nest.
Their pulchritudinous aureoles glimmer then,
upon their sprightful faces and grins.
From afar to be seen are other guardian angels,
to shield the façade of the hallow welkin.
They were beloved cherubs therefore forsaken,
by a befuddled soul through his whims.
From beyond the Elysian Weald chimes of bells,
peal from a bell tower the sound of lost children.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beyond the Elysian Weald by Franc Rodriguez )
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
- Dream: Not Scream, Aftab Alam
- Do you?, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Standing, Dislocated Heart
- There Goes Life (Dust To Dust), Michael McParland
- Bluened Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)