I stand alone on a dew soaked knoll
That’s adorned in emerald green
Yonder trees aglow in golden leaves
Add a vesture to this autumn scene
The chill about me draws from my empty heart
Shall hope be no more?
To wit, known by none if hope should die
Nor if by love that hope should soar
Still, I cannot reach this spectre’s hand
I cannot touch her face
Whilst, with morning fog moving in
She would vanish in a mist of fractured lace
So lost within this morning fog
So lost I cannot comprehend
How two hearts bound neath a simple word
Would venture beyond the trust of friends
Would you hate me if I walk away?
Or, would you hate me if I stay?
What hope hath love in a morning fog
While all is immersed in yesterday?
Psaltydog's Thoughts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beyond Autumn by Psaltydog's Thoughts )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)