Between Trayvon Shooting & Zimmerman Verdict
10,865 Blacks killed by other Blacks in 503 days,
Between the verdict & the killing, who got away?
With much less than 10 percent being prosecuted,
Can you name one victim systematically executed?
I can’t name one because there are too many,
And yet, surely some cities have not had any,
New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC,
Toughest Gun Control Laws in the entire country.
Delete these cities, the U.S. ranks 4th from the bottom,
But America is 3rd in the world because we’ve got-em,
Arsenio Hall hates Zimmerman & Blacks killing Backs?
It begs the Question: Why is George still under attack?
Many big name Black entertainers will not perform there,
Because of the injustice to Trayvon and to show they care,
As almost 11,000 thousand have been murdered elsewhere,
Yet they’ll flock to see the Miami Heat & they’re being fair?
How many innocent people have been killed not Black?
Armed robberies, murdered in the course of a Car Jack?
Reverends Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson all over the news,
At these 10,865 you’d be hard pressed to find these two.
Dare not look at the thousands since the verdict came in,
Due to the multitude where in America would we begin?
Certainly not Utah, Iowa, Montana, North/South Dakota,
Just 1 month, Chicago has already surpassed their quotas.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between Trayvon Shooting & Zimmerman Verdict by Luke Easter )
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
- It is casual, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)