Between Trayvon Shooting & Zimmerman Verdict
10,865 Blacks killed by other Blacks in 503 days,
Between the verdict & the killing, who got away?
With much less than 10 percent being prosecuted,
Can you name one victim systematically executed?
I can’t name one because there are too many,
And yet, surely some cities have not had any,
New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC,
Toughest Gun Control Laws in the entire country.
Delete these cities, the U.S. ranks 4th from the bottom,
But America is 3rd in the world because we’ve got-em,
Arsenio Hall hates Zimmerman & Blacks killing Backs?
It begs the Question: Why is George still under attack?
Many big name Black entertainers will not perform there,
Because of the injustice to Trayvon and to show they care,
As almost 11,000 thousand have been murdered elsewhere,
Yet they’ll flock to see the Miami Heat & they’re being fair?
How many innocent people have been killed not Black?
Armed robberies, murdered in the course of a Car Jack?
Reverends Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson all over the news,
At these 10,865 you’d be hard pressed to find these two.
Dare not look at the thousands since the verdict came in,
Due to the multitude where in America would we begin?
Certainly not Utah, Iowa, Montana, North/South Dakota,
Just 1 month, Chicago has already surpassed their quotas.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between Trayvon Shooting & Zimmerman Verdict by Luke Easter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland