Between The Last and The Next
I rest my tired hands
The keys need a rest too
My last poem just lands
From where it quietly grew!
Once again I’m sane
Flowing with normal tide
Relieved from the labor pain
Of taking a stormy ride!
I enjoy this happy phase
Though it won’t be for long
Would soon return the thoughts’ race
In endless stream they would come along!
This moment now is pure bliss
The short-lived time of pause
Before once again is shattered my peace
For no known reason or cause!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between The Last and The Next by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Ki no Tsurayuki
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)