There was a young couple
Named Betty and Billy.
Who always liked doing
Some thing very silly.
Bill's birthday came up
So she thought, Oh Boy!
I'll get him a present
That he's sure to enjoy.
She went to the tattoo parlor
And told them, "I seek
A great big "B" inked
On the rear of each cheek."
Billy came home and
Sat in his chair
And Betty waltzed in
Sans her underwear.
"I've got a big birthday
Surprise for you, Hon.
A new tattoo placed
Right here on my bun."
She bent way over so
He could see it much better
Billy took his time
And examined each letter.
He said, "It looks like they did
A mighty fine job
But who in the hell
Is this guy named BoB! "
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betty's Tattoo by George Hunter )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Whew-phew! Breathtaking Fairies Stood in.., Harindhar Reddy
- Sinful youth, Darian Kalamerd
- What A Breath, Chris Ajiduah
- Corruption, Randy McClave
- Our Destiny, Darian Kalamerd
- Yogi in the moon, Madrason writer
- Make a wish, daniel george
- Child, Samantha Cox
- Garden Ship, Leslie Philibert
- Empty, Samantha Cox