There was a young couple
Named Betty and Billy.
Who always liked doing
Some thing very silly.
Bill's birthday came up
So she thought, Oh Boy!
I'll get him a present
That he's sure to enjoy.
She went to the tattoo parlor
And told them, "I seek
A great big "B" inked
On the rear of each cheek."
Billy came home and
Sat in his chair
And Betty waltzed in
Sans her underwear.
"I've got a big birthday
Surprise for you, Hon.
A new tattoo placed
Right here on my bun."
She bent way over so
He could see it much better
Billy took his time
And examined each letter.
He said, "It looks like they did
A mighty fine job
But who in the hell
Is this guy named BoB! "
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betty's Tattoo by George Hunter )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- God ia not all macho, kalemeera collins
- My mom, Meenakshi Hariharan
- 2006 Tsunami, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget