Edward Kofi Louis
Better Be Poor Than A Liar
Listen to advice and,
A fool has no delight in understanding;
So, better be poor than a liar.
Wine is a mocker so, be wise;
Strong drink is a brawler so, be wise;
Even a child is known by his or her actions.
A baleful veto! !
In auspicious terms;
But, regrets are not unthinkable.
Casting lots will sttle the contentions;
But, a fool has no delight in understanding.
To think the unthinkable;
But, a person who cherishes understanding will find success.
A fool's lips enter into contention;
And, a foolish son is the ruin of his fasther.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Be Poor Than A Liar by Edward Kofi Louis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Angel Who Endlessly Glows, Rohit Sapra
- On The Clock, Nika McGuin
- Forever Broken, Kelly Shanks
- Smeared in blood … 1712-14, saadat tahir
- tanka 3, oskar hansen
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland