John Hazon Palen
(What would you do when you'll know that the one you love was betraying you? This poem tells a girl's experience about it. Hidden Message: I've been big enough!)
I once lost my heart and my mind,
Love and hate did collide.
The stars that hour sure were outshined,
By your burning darker side…
I'd loved you true like I'm insane,
But your sworn promise ain't.
Somehow I'm smiling in the rain;
Your real colors I've seen.
This girl's too young to be messed with,
And do deserve right change.
Thank God; your lies were put to end,
I've known, broken the chains.
With you ain't where I meant to be
Blurs and daydreams faded.
Just how blind I've been, I see,
Now the fog has lifted.
No more round for your harsh chess game,
I painted bigger dreams.
You're all cold, taking love away;
I'm meant to seize the days.
Not ‘bout getting pain out my chest,
I'd set better aim, the best;
Now you can't reach me now.. too late,
Your very best I'll take!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Aim by John Hazon Palen )
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland
- Tomorrow's Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Errand Man, Tony Adah
- Thelo (2), Branden Aeling
- Playground, gajanan mishra
- Pieces Of A Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak