John Hazon Palen
(What would you do when you'll know that the one you love was betraying you? This poem tells a girl's experience about it. Hidden Message: I've been big enough!)
I once lost my heart and my mind,
Love and hate did collide.
The stars that hour sure were outshined,
By your burning darker side…
I'd loved you true like I'm insane,
But your sworn promise ain't.
Somehow I'm smiling in the rain;
Your real colors I've seen.
This girl's too young to be messed with,
And do deserve right change.
Thank God; your lies were put to end,
I've known, broken the chains.
With you ain't where I meant to be
Blurs and daydreams faded.
Just how blind I've been, I see,
Now the fog has lifted.
No more round for your harsh chess game,
I painted bigger dreams.
You're all cold, taking love away;
I'm meant to seize the days.
Not ‘bout getting pain out my chest,
I'd set better aim, the best;
Now you can't reach me now.. too late,
Your very best I'll take!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Aim by John Hazon Palen )
- Love Above, Arno Le Roux
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
- Adaptation, maria sudibyo
- ব্যস্ততার অবসান, Yakub Ali
- Long Drought, maria sudibyo
- Rain Season Isn't Yet, maria sudibyo
- Paper Assignment, maria sudibyo
- 'RAMDAS KESAVADAS', the fraud, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- A Prayer, Holly Moon
- Benevolent Heart, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)