John Hazon Palen
(What would you do when you'll know that the one you love was betraying you? This poem tells a girl's experience about it. Hidden Message: I've been big enough!)
I once lost my heart and my mind,
Love and hate did collide.
The stars that hour sure were outshined,
By your burning darker side…
I'd loved you true like I'm insane,
But your sworn promise ain't.
Somehow I'm smiling in the rain;
Your real colors I've seen.
This girl's too young to be messed with,
And do deserve right change.
Thank God; your lies were put to end,
I've known, broken the chains.
With you ain't where I meant to be
Blurs and daydreams faded.
Just how blind I've been, I see,
Now the fog has lifted.
No more round for your harsh chess game,
I painted bigger dreams.
You're all cold, taking love away;
I'm meant to seize the days.
Not ‘bout getting pain out my chest,
I'd set better aim, the best;
Now you can't reach me now.. too late,
Your very best I'll take!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Aim by John Hazon Palen )
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)