John Hazon Palen
(What would you do when you'll know that the one you love was betraying you? This poem tells a girl's experience about it. Hidden Message: I've been big enough!)
I once lost my heart and my mind,
Love and hate did collide.
The stars that hour sure were outshined,
By your burning darker side…
I'd loved you true like I'm insane,
But your sworn promise ain't.
Somehow I'm smiling in the rain;
Your real colors I've seen.
This girl's too young to be messed with,
And do deserve right change.
Thank God; your lies were put to end,
I've known, broken the chains.
With you ain't where I meant to be
Blurs and daydreams faded.
Just how blind I've been, I see,
Now the fog has lifted.
No more round for your harsh chess game,
I painted bigger dreams.
You're all cold, taking love away;
I'm meant to seize the days.
Not ‘bout getting pain out my chest,
I'd set better aim, the best;
Now you can't reach me now.. too late,
Your very best I'll take!
John Hazon Palen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Better Aim by John Hazon Palen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar