You're thinking of her tonight.
As you're holding me tight,
Thinking of her in your arms',
I can see the hurtful betrayal in your eyes'.
You're not really here tonight.
Why don't you just make things right.
And confess you were wrong.
You're here where you belong.
What will the children say, if they find out?
You'll fill their minds with doubt.
They'll never be able to trust another man.
You're just not hurting me.
What's your plan?
If you walkout on me tonight.
Everything's not going to be all right.
I might just see the light.
And you, Mr. won't walk into my heart again.
So, you better think twice; where we've been.
We had more than just passion.
Now your deceitful action,
Is breaking my heart, and I don't know if I can ever trust you, again.
I trusted you with my heart.
And you broke it.
Why don't you just part.
I can't take your lying eyes anymore.
I'm not trying to settle the score.
But, I can't take it anymore.
When you're, loving me; and thinking of her.
We deserve more!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Betrayal by Patricia Kelley )
- The Disappearance Of Time, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Identity Theft Is A Problem, Mariyah Mckaufman
- My Burning Feet, Cindy Howard
- Hands of labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)