Besıdes Love Men Need Faith, Coffee & Fishing!
And for all four most are wishing
Catching trophies chosen best
To be envied by the rest.
Fishing is a game of sport
Loved by all, both tall and short.
We must fool the fish’s eye
If we plan to stir and fry.
Some use boats while others wade
As they fish the sun or shade.
Ice-cold drinks help pass the day
While life’s troubles fade away.
Most men feel they've everything
With their rod, hook, cork and string.
Be it river, pond or lake
We all pray our line won't break.
COFFEE = 2013
Around 1615 coffee came to Western Europe
Raising a huge controversy and warning cry.
Some said it was intoxicating and poisonous
And any whom consume it will die.
No one knows how coffee was discovered
Though it is said its effects were known before A.D.575.
Persian armies carried and ate its seeds for strength
Which in battle could decide who would perish or survive.
Arabs where the first to brew its bitter seeds into a drink
In a attempt to make it taste better and easier to consume.
Soon the new beverage spread to Turkey and Europe
As the world became addicted to the harvest of its bloom.
Thank God for caffeine found in coffee
Which helps multitudes make it through the day.
Like ancestors of the past it helps energy to last
And for its stimulant we are eager to pay.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Comments about this poem (Besıdes Love Men Need Faith, Coffee & Fishing! by Tom Zart )
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Bull Hawking
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- The Innkeeper’s Wife, Clive Sansom
- ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Stanley Oguh
- Wicketkeepers, Quir Diing Jr.
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- Le Déluge, Alfred de Vigny
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL