In its allotted place in the puzzle, the piece fitted no longer
Bent as if on purpose; its hue to hide.
But in this picture, the observer could see it belonged.
Yet from the rest it stood, distinct, like a twisted tree
in a long line of straight, tall barks.
In uniformity are some things created
for nature meant them so.
Others are unalike created;
also, nature meant them so.
A stream of endless red cars would eventually blind
the eyes and damage the sense.
A garden of uniform green would dull
the eyes and render dormant the sense.
But add colors of indigo, red, yellow, blue, orange, pink
and the eyes sparkle and dance with pleasure.
The puzzle is missing one piece; just one little piece bent
confounding the observer
for each little part and big part has its allotted place
that the other cannot replace in this
Birgitta Heikka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bent by Birgitta Heikka )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman