In its allotted place in the puzzle, the piece fitted no longer
Bent as if on purpose; its hue to hide.
But in this picture, the observer could see it belonged.
Yet from the rest it stood, distinct, like a twisted tree
in a long line of straight, tall barks.
In uniformity are some things created
for nature meant them so.
Others are unalike created;
also, nature meant them so.
A stream of endless red cars would eventually blind
the eyes and damage the sense.
A garden of uniform green would dull
the eyes and render dormant the sense.
But add colors of indigo, red, yellow, blue, orange, pink
and the eyes sparkle and dance with pleasure.
The puzzle is missing one piece; just one little piece bent
confounding the observer
for each little part and big part has its allotted place
that the other cannot replace in this
Birgitta Heikka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bent by Birgitta Heikka )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah