Benefaction Under Stress
Without pride, not a poet,
a benefactor in all but the charitable sense,
can be benefacted respect.
With pride, a poet,
possessing respect of his own,
on becoming a beggar
can be benefacted less.
seems the rationale
of benefaction under stress.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
and a friend's knocked-back pension application.
Comments about this poem (Benefaction Under Stress by douglas scotney )
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- HURLY-BURLY هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma
- Power absolute, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Moon, Phil Soar
- They Got Tired لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang