BELIEVE IT... SEPT 3RD,2013
All the dogs and many of the people from long ago are dead,
And we can’t have death-with-dignity the Supreme Court said,
But there is for dogs and cats so go check at your local vets,
Though Canadians can’t have it and they dare not show they’re upset.
So what can we do to get death-with-dignity legalized?
While those suffering and dying in pain, feel truly agonized,
While the preachers on the pulpits raise their voices and their hands,
And preach no death-with-dignity in our Canadian lands.
Our politicians, priests, popes and pompous persons on TV,
Have caught us in their religious clutches as tight as we can be,
Somewhere somehow our so called democracy has disappeared,
And worse; we’ve been trained to think that this is holy and not weird.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (BELIEVE IT... SEPT 3RD,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poem to Some of My Recent Poems, James Tate
- Life is too Short for Love, Akhtar Jawad
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady