BELIEVE IT... SEPT 3RD,2013
All the dogs and many of the people from long ago are dead,
And we can’t have death-with-dignity the Supreme Court said,
But there is for dogs and cats so go check at your local vets,
Though Canadians can’t have it and they dare not show they’re upset.
So what can we do to get death-with-dignity legalized?
While those suffering and dying in pain, feel truly agonized,
While the preachers on the pulpits raise their voices and their hands,
And preach no death-with-dignity in our Canadian lands.
Our politicians, priests, popes and pompous persons on TV,
Have caught us in their religious clutches as tight as we can be,
Somewhere somehow our so called democracy has disappeared,
And worse; we’ve been trained to think that this is holy and not weird.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (BELIEVE IT... SEPT 3RD,2013 by James Bredin )
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
- Broaden Your Mind, Ronell Warren Alman
- Exaggerating an invisible enemy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- throwing knives at the sun, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)