Being wise and fool
Big gain big loss is a risk.
No gain no loss is secure.
Small gain small loss is safe.
Small gain no loss is wise.
Big gain no loss is luck
Small gain big loss is a foolery.
We have recourse to all these
Somewhere sometime impulsively.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being wise and fool by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- i am accused of tending to the past, Lucille Clifton
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere
- A House I call my Home, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Do No Know, Tony Adah