I will not be ruled by any man
Who would tell me what not to do or what I can
To no-one will I get down upon my knees
Where my existence is for them only to please,
My being ruled is not in my life’s plan.
I will not be governed whether in Heaven or Hell
Wherever I am sent, I will prevail
I will lead the life that I want to live
Which is mine to have and only mine to give,
As my conscience and my soul is not for sale.
I will not be forced to comply to any law
If so from that society I happily would withdraw
By any one person I will not be judged
Through the books of inequity I have trudged,
As I was created perfect without a flaw.
I will never be another man’s servant or slave
Never will I carry that lie to my grave
I will not be told what to do or what to say
Even who to worship, or to whom to pray,
As soon enough will come my own judgement day.
I will not be controlled under any stipulation
Whether it be by law or man or even a relation
Leadership is mine to make and mine to lead
As I plant my rebellion and revolution from a seed,
And this will end, my final conversation.
Randy L. McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Ruled by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Do You Know Where I Am? (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- It's Not Easy, Michael McParland
- It's A Hard Life, Michael McParland
- Years begin and years end, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Float body - float over the seas!, Emmanuel George Cefai
- It Won't Be Long, Michael McParland
- How To Bury Grief, Kyle Schlicher
- Stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My Dreams of 'The Land of the Morning Ca.., Ronald Chapman
- In a nocturnal caftan, Emmanuel George Cefai