Is what I am so bad?
Is being pure so bad that I get mocked
Is being who I am what makes me so different
Because I don’t follow what everyone else does?
Does that make me less than perfect?
Does it make me weird?
Because to me it makes me, well me.
I’m me and if you can’t accept it then oh well.
I refuse to change who I am for someone else.
Just because they think they know what is right for me.
No one knows me better then me.
I can take care of myself.
And I will be as normal or abnormal as I want.
I don’t want to be like everyone else.
So what I am is who I am.
And nothing more.
I may not be her or you, but I’m me.
And that should be good enough for you.
I try to be perfect but I have realized
that there is no such thing as perfect.
So I try to be the best that I can.
So if that means that I don’t wear the latest trends.
Or say all the right things.
Doesn’t mean I’m weird, it just means that I’m different.
And really I would much rather be me,
Then be like everyone else.
Kelsea Osterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Me by Kelsea Osterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Car trouble, manthra har
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey