Is what I am so bad?
Is being pure so bad that I get mocked
Is being who I am what makes me so different
Because I don’t follow what everyone else does?
Does that make me less than perfect?
Does it make me weird?
Because to me it makes me, well me.
I’m me and if you can’t accept it then oh well.
I refuse to change who I am for someone else.
Just because they think they know what is right for me.
No one knows me better then me.
I can take care of myself.
And I will be as normal or abnormal as I want.
I don’t want to be like everyone else.
So what I am is who I am.
And nothing more.
I may not be her or you, but I’m me.
And that should be good enough for you.
I try to be perfect but I have realized
that there is no such thing as perfect.
So I try to be the best that I can.
So if that means that I don’t wear the latest trends.
Or say all the right things.
Doesn’t mean I’m weird, it just means that I’m different.
And really I would much rather be me,
Then be like everyone else.
Kelsea Osterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Me by Kelsea Osterman )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)