Is what I am so bad?
Is being pure so bad that I get mocked
Is being who I am what makes me so different
Because I don’t follow what everyone else does?
Does that make me less than perfect?
Does it make me weird?
Because to me it makes me, well me.
I’m me and if you can’t accept it then oh well.
I refuse to change who I am for someone else.
Just because they think they know what is right for me.
No one knows me better then me.
I can take care of myself.
And I will be as normal or abnormal as I want.
I don’t want to be like everyone else.
So what I am is who I am.
And nothing more.
I may not be her or you, but I’m me.
And that should be good enough for you.
I try to be perfect but I have realized
that there is no such thing as perfect.
So I try to be the best that I can.
So if that means that I don’t wear the latest trends.
Or say all the right things.
Doesn’t mean I’m weird, it just means that I’m different.
And really I would much rather be me,
Then be like everyone else.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Me by Kelsea Osterman )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip
- I Lost My Heart A Time Ago, Valerie Dohren
- The Fate Of Man, Tony Adah
- We The Paradox, Michelle Dragonfly
- To A Friend!, Sossi Khachadourian