Is what I am so bad?
Is being pure so bad that I get mocked
Is being who I am what makes me so different
Because I don’t follow what everyone else does?
Does that make me less than perfect?
Does it make me weird?
Because to me it makes me, well me.
I’m me and if you can’t accept it then oh well.
I refuse to change who I am for someone else.
Just because they think they know what is right for me.
No one knows me better then me.
I can take care of myself.
And I will be as normal or abnormal as I want.
I don’t want to be like everyone else.
So what I am is who I am.
And nothing more.
I may not be her or you, but I’m me.
And that should be good enough for you.
I try to be perfect but I have realized
that there is no such thing as perfect.
So I try to be the best that I can.
So if that means that I don’t wear the latest trends.
Or say all the right things.
Doesn’t mean I’m weird, it just means that I’m different.
And really I would much rather be me,
Then be like everyone else.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Me by Kelsea Osterman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Little Stick Figures, Margaret Alice Second
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc