RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Being Kept IN
Feeling music deeply in depths of emotion, darkening tunnels of olden days, no longer afraid to step in them.
Being pulled gently by the hand, unable to get loose, feeling frozen inside my chest, wanting to escape, flee from this momentary image, but cannot.
Standing wholly along doorways, not being let out, only kept in.
Thoughts being bounced into the darkness, crossing out any idea of escape, because authority won't let go for anything.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Releasing anger quietly, unbeknownist to anyone around me,
because it seeps out here in the form of poetry.
Comments about this poem (Being Kept IN by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher