Being A Root
Is it to be a root?
Is it be to drive a shoot?
And, that too,
The root that drives,
The all other roots.
Being a root,
And that lone root,
Not so naturally easy.
Sanjeev Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being A Root by Sanjeev Kumar )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Snow, Walter de la Mare
- Unified Objections, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)