Take it through the shade of your shadow-
Let blindness be your guide;
Walk from today to tomorrow
Relying on nothing on your side...
Fear is but a product of sensing,
A living abortion that looks so much older,
A monster out of one's own labor feeding
On freedom, enslaving space and caging in shelter.
Keep watching it build up, growing,
Or grope for the sustaining plug-
Favor euthanasia over suicide, weeding
Out what the self itself has dug.
It's an ever-skewed mirror after all-
Deceit is fullest when the eyes are open;
Doubt with them closed as death sees all
In its lucid dream, everything unhidden, swollen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behold by Robert Lansing )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- (1) The Ceaseless Waves of Sorrow, Uriah Hamilton
- An Ode to a Toad Named Frank, Susan Sparks
- The Path, Deepak Hariharan
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)