Edgard Canales P
Behind The Smiles
Behind all the laughter and the smiles
there is only long and painful miles.
There is a leak on my roof
when it rains
water filters all in the room.
I get really frustrated when I see dark clouds up above,
Land lord says, she will get to it,
but never does.
Had to sell my car cause it was through
still trying to save some money for a new.
Weed man disappears from time to time
when he does gotta pray constantly just to free my mind.
Closest Friends, either in prison or in a grave
this life I live is like being trapped inside a maze.
Money running low and at my Job we are modern slaves
gotta work all day,
just to get a little extra cash when I get payed.
To keep us hopeful Boss talks about given us a raise
but only when we ask about it,
I just grin and in my mind say: I surely doubt it.
My Girl is real jealous and all she wants to do is fight,
love her but when she acts like that,
wish I could get away for a couple nights.
For both my daughters wish I could be there to provide
but in this country it's nearly impossible, so it just hurts my pride.
A dad but never been a real father
cause they are both in one country and I'm in another.
Get lonely and sad cause I miss my brother and my sisters
can't help but think of my Granny and how much I still miss her.
It's hard to do what's right when everything goes wrong
guess I have to be patient and wait for the calm after the storm.
Behind the smiles
lots of things are going on.
My grandma past, peoples in another land
struggling to survive
all I have is faded visions of finding a happy home...
Behind The smiles.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind The Smiles by Edgard Canales P )
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)