Edgard Canales P
Behind The Smiles
Behind all the laughter and the smiles
there is only long and painful miles.
There is a leak on my roof
when it rains
water filters all in the room.
I get really frustrated when I see dark clouds up above,
Land lord says, she will get to it,
but never does.
Had to sell my car cause it was through
still trying to save some money for a new.
Weed man disappears from time to time
when he does gotta pray constantly just to free my mind.
Closest Friends, either in prison or in a grave
this life I live is like being trapped inside a maze.
Money running low and at my Job we are modern slaves
gotta work all day,
just to get a little extra cash when I get payed.
To keep us hopeful Boss talks about given us a raise
but only when we ask about it,
I just grin and in my mind say: I surely doubt it.
My Girl is real jealous and all she wants to do is fight,
love her but when she acts like that,
wish I could get away for a couple nights.
For both my daughters wish I could be there to provide
but in this country it's nearly impossible, so it just hurts my pride.
A dad but never been a real father
cause they are both in one country and I'm in another.
Get lonely and sad cause I miss my brother and my sisters
can't help but think of my Granny and how much I still miss her.
It's hard to do what's right when everything goes wrong
guess I have to be patient and wait for the calm after the storm.
Behind the smiles
lots of things are going on.
My grandma past, peoples in another land
struggling to survive
all I have is faded visions of finding a happy home...
Behind The smiles.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind The Smiles by Edgard Canales P )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1895 - 1985)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder