Edgard Canales P
Behind The Smiles
Behind all the laughter and the smiles
there is only long and painful miles.
There is a leak on my roof
when it rains
water filters all in the room.
I get really frustrated when I see dark clouds up above,
Land lord says, she will get to it,
but never does.
Had to sell my car cause it was through
still trying to save some money for a new.
Weed man disappears from time to time
when he does gotta pray constantly just to free my mind.
Closest Friends, either in prison or in a grave
this life I live is like being trapped inside a maze.
Money running low and at my Job we are modern slaves
gotta work all day,
just to get a little extra cash when I get payed.
To keep us hopeful Boss talks about given us a raise
but only when we ask about it,
I just grin and in my mind say: I surely doubt it.
My Girl is real jealous and all she wants to do is fight,
love her but when she acts like that,
wish I could get away for a couple nights.
For both my daughters wish I could be there to provide
but in this country it's nearly impossible, so it just hurts my pride.
A dad but never been a real father
cause they are both in one country and I'm in another.
Get lonely and sad cause I miss my brother and my sisters
can't help but think of my Granny and how much I still miss her.
It's hard to do what's right when everything goes wrong
guess I have to be patient and wait for the calm after the storm.
Behind the smiles
lots of things are going on.
My grandma past, peoples in another land
struggling to survive
all I have is faded visions of finding a happy home...
Behind The smiles.
Edgard Canales P's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind The Smiles by Edgard Canales P )
- Televisions Explosion Of White Trash, Is It Poetry
- She Said, Spiritwind Wood
- Torn Pages, Cristhian Aguilera
- Closed Book, Joshua Hillard
- Succumb To Thrombosis, Margaret Alice Second
- To winter, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Friends, Mitta Xinindlu
- Self Promotion, Is It Poetry
- Hurt, A K Das Mridul
- Let me be FREE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lamplighter, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The General, Siegfried Sassoon
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)