Behind the smiles
This disgusting feeling grows uncontrollably and imperfectly.
This repugnant feeling grows arbitrarily!
Troubled - I sat down and felt like I'll never get up again.
Self-doubt and self-hatred - my eyes filled with rain.
Bitterness spreads through my body each time my aching heart painfully pumps;
It runs freely in my veins.
I don't feel young, I don't feel well.
Is there a way out of this hell?
Repeatedly insulted and hurt...
I lock myself in my room
Writing is my escape and my comfort.
My nerves blind me and I wonder in silence;
What have I got to do to end this!
Lost to apathy - depression and loneliness.
There's no escape from this!
Remnants of dying laughter, echoes of silent cries;
It's difficult to not think of death sometimes.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind the smiles by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno
- without tears, RIC S. BASTASA
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv