Behind the smiles
This disgusting feeling grows uncontrollably and imperfectly.
This repugnant feeling grows arbitrarily!
Troubled - I sat down and felt like I'll never get up again.
Self-doubt and self-hatred - my eyes filled with rain.
Bitterness spreads through my body each time my aching heart painfully pumps;
It runs freely in my veins.
I don't feel young, I don't feel well.
Is there a way out of this hell?
Repeatedly insulted and hurt...
I lock myself in my room
Writing is my escape and my comfort.
My nerves blind me and I wonder in silence;
What have I got to do to end this!
Lost to apathy - depression and loneliness.
There's no escape from this!
Remnants of dying laughter, echoes of silent cries;
It's difficult to not think of death sometimes.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind the smiles by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma