Behind the smiles
This disgusting feeling grows uncontrollably and imperfectly.
This repugnant feeling grows arbitrarily!
Troubled - I sat down and felt like I'll never get up again.
Self-doubt and self-hatred - my eyes filled with rain.
Bitterness spreads through my body each time my aching heart painfully pumps;
It runs freely in my veins.
I don't feel young, I don't feel well.
Is there a way out of this hell?
Repeatedly insulted and hurt...
I lock myself in my room
Writing is my escape and my comfort.
My nerves blind me and I wonder in silence;
What have I got to do to end this!
Lost to apathy - depression and loneliness.
There's no escape from this!
Remnants of dying laughter, echoes of silent cries;
It's difficult to not think of death sometimes.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind the smiles by Sameera Alshaikh )
- The Pen And The Poet, Asavri Dhillon
- For My Dearest Friend, Tameeka Smith
- Violet Veined, Saiom Shriver
- In Spite of Thunder, Rachel Glassman
- Haiku# Astrology, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- You Don't Have To Go, Matthias Pantaleon
- Word by Word, J Sheba Anandhi
- Reborn, Asavri Dhillon
- Health is Wealth, J Sheba Anandhi
- Little Mind, J Sheba Anandhi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)