Behind the smiles
This disgusting feeling grows uncontrollably and imperfectly.
This repugnant feeling grows arbitrarily!
Troubled - I sat down and felt like I'll never get up again.
Self-doubt and self-hatred - my eyes filled with rain.
Bitterness spreads through my body each time my aching heart painfully pumps;
It runs freely in my veins.
I don't feel young, I don't feel well.
Is there a way out of this hell?
Repeatedly insulted and hurt...
I lock myself in my room
Writing is my escape and my comfort.
My nerves blind me and I wonder in silence;
What have I got to do to end this!
Lost to apathy - depression and loneliness.
There's no escape from this!
Remnants of dying laughter, echoes of silent cries;
It's difficult to not think of death sometimes.
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind the smiles by Sameera Alshaikh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk