Behind The Smile
Behind the smile we look into the eyes of emptiness, from the painted outward picture of joy, on the horizon; there is agony and loneliness Anguish of fearful dentistry looms over humanity.
We smile for the world with pearly white eyes the splendor of joy only lasting for a little while, holding back the fountain of bewildered tears we are propelled into the future turnstile.
Surrounded by demons and angels and foes in fires give their souls to devour and pleasure tangled mattered and broken souls looking for a way to escape temptation power.
Behind the smiles, those tainted blood of sinners Put their request in the mail box for Jesus to forgive and the throne of heaven hears their prayers Crossing the threshold in the darken world they live.
Dormant children have seen the future world Parents can't measure anymore the amount of tragedy hiding behind the smile covered with gold turning hearts cold, and the anguish of fearful dentistry hangs over humanity.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Behind The Smile by Gerry Legister )
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh
- puzzle, kkc bba