Let it begin again.
This time by myself.
Congratulated for the baby nonexistent.
Surprised but not really.
Unhand my belly you fiend.
You took away my blinders.
Made me open my eyes.
Made me stop sucking.
Let ME begin again.
I know what to do.
Sitting in my closet wanting to burn it all.
He said he was a manipulative bastard.
I should have believe him.
Instead I defended him.
All the while he manipulated me.
I always knew.
I asked for help and was yelled at.
Yes. You are a manipulative bastard.
You were correct.
Start anew. Burn this gut.
Burn those thoughts.
Burn those tears from the start.
Burn the anger.
Burn that manipulative bastard and begin again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Begin Again by Sandra Regan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Rivers, Angela Khristin Brown
- (BOOK # 6) : Sheila And Clifford: BACK I.., Bri Edwards
- Optimism ahead, gajanan mishra
- Promod Ch Brahma, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tears, Luo Zhihai
- Jen & Ben, Steve Kittell
- A Final Prayer, Katherine Perry
- Root and fruit, gajanan mishra
- Death, Sydney Bramer
- Moving on, Sydney Bramer