Let it begin again.
This time by myself.
Congratulated for the baby nonexistent.
Surprised but not really.
Unhand my belly you fiend.
You took away my blinders.
Made me open my eyes.
Made me stop sucking.
Let ME begin again.
I know what to do.
Sitting in my closet wanting to burn it all.
He said he was a manipulative bastard.
I should have believe him.
Instead I defended him.
All the while he manipulated me.
I always knew.
I asked for help and was yelled at.
Yes. You are a manipulative bastard.
You were correct.
Start anew. Burn this gut.
Burn those thoughts.
Burn those tears from the start.
Burn the anger.
Burn that manipulative bastard and begin again.
Sandra Regan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Begin Again by Sandra Regan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi