Let it begin again.
This time by myself.
Congratulated for the baby nonexistent.
Surprised but not really.
Unhand my belly you fiend.
You took away my blinders.
Made me open my eyes.
Made me stop sucking.
Let ME begin again.
I know what to do.
Sitting in my closet wanting to burn it all.
He said he was a manipulative bastard.
I should have believe him.
Instead I defended him.
All the while he manipulated me.
I always knew.
I asked for help and was yelled at.
Yes. You are a manipulative bastard.
You were correct.
Start anew. Burn this gut.
Burn those thoughts.
Burn those tears from the start.
Burn the anger.
Burn that manipulative bastard and begin again.
Sandra Regan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Begin Again by Sandra Regan )
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You, Jose Orozco
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)