Taigu Ryokan (1758-1831 / Japan)
today's begging is finished; at the crossroads
i wander by the side of hachiman shrine
talking with some children.
last year, a foolish monk;
this year, no change!
Poet Other Poems
- At Dusk
- At Master Do's Country House
- Blending With The Wind
- Down In The Village
- First Days Of Spring - The sky
- For Children Killed In A Smallpox Epidem...
- Have You Forgotten Me
- How Can I Possibly Sleep
- I Watch People In The World
- In A Dilapidated Three-Room Hut
- In My Youth I Put Aside My Studies
- In The Morning
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.