Don't leave this time,
I beg of you,
my heart will surely break.
Please understand there's an attachment,
I have no control over the ache.
I don't just want to see your words,
you show up when I am sad,
I want to SEE you in happiness, laughter and being mad.
As usual I'll risk all for you,
if you could come up with a way.
Spiritually, I do believe,
God is waiting for the day.
Until I'm in your arms, so bold
I can dream of this great place.
I need to have you melt in me,
Time has become a race.
If I don't see those luscious eyes,
look in mine, once more,
my soul will surely sever,
your eyes control my core.
Please think this through with common sense,
and you spiritually will see,
that we belong together,
and blessed by God for eternity.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Begging by Lilyann Monahan )
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)