Don't leave this time,
I beg of you,
my heart will surely break.
Please understand there's an attachment,
I have no control over the ache.
I don't just want to see your words,
you show up when I am sad,
I want to SEE you in happiness, laughter and being mad.
As usual I'll risk all for you,
if you could come up with a way.
Spiritually, I do believe,
God is waiting for the day.
Until I'm in your arms, so bold
I can dream of this great place.
I need to have you melt in me,
Time has become a race.
If I don't see those luscious eyes,
look in mine, once more,
my soul will surely sever,
your eyes control my core.
Please think this through with common sense,
and you spiritually will see,
that we belong together,
and blessed by God for eternity.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Begging by Lilyann Monahan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip