Beggar for ever
I am a beggar, always a beggar
Let me be a beggar, for ever.
The beggar has got nothing, but to beg
I beg, O my dear, only to permit me
To hold Your leg.
And where is Your leg?
O my dear, let me see, I beg.
Here, there and everywhere, You spread
I am afraid. I beg
Make me a man of fearless.
O my dear, I know, one who fears he dies
O my dear, I know, You are here with me
And I know You are all powerful.
I am a beggar at Your door, O my dear
Let me be a beggar for ever, my dear
In begging I am getting only joy only pleasure.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Beggar for ever by gajanan mishra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall