Beggar for ever
I am a beggar, always a beggar
Let me be a beggar, for ever.
The beggar has got nothing, but to beg
I beg, O my dear, only to permit me
To hold Your leg.
And where is Your leg?
O my dear, let me see, I beg.
Here, there and everywhere, You spread
I am afraid. I beg
Make me a man of fearless.
O my dear, I know, one who fears he dies
O my dear, I know, You are here with me
And I know You are all powerful.
I am a beggar at Your door, O my dear
Let me be a beggar for ever, my dear
In begging I am getting only joy only pleasure.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Beggar for ever by gajanan mishra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Tragedy And Terror, Ronell Warren Alman
- You Can Be A Success, Ronell Warren Alman
- ONLY YOURS...., DRASHI SHAH
- Have The Drive And Desire, Ronell Warren Alman
- The House of Musing, Emily Warn
- The Lovesong of Emmett Till (1996), Anthony Walton
- I, Aparna Chatterjee
- I know somewhere, gajanan mishra
- I m a GIRL! ! ! ! !, KAUSHAL SABOO
- My PEACE, Kes McKenzie