Beggar for ever
I am a beggar, always a beggar
Let me be a beggar, for ever.
The beggar has got nothing, but to beg
I beg, O my dear, only to permit me
To hold Your leg.
And where is Your leg?
O my dear, let me see, I beg.
Here, there and everywhere, You spread
I am afraid. I beg
Make me a man of fearless.
O my dear, I know, one who fears he dies
O my dear, I know, You are here with me
And I know You are all powerful.
I am a beggar at Your door, O my dear
Let me be a beggar for ever, my dear
In begging I am getting only joy only pleasure.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Beggar for ever by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
- The StrongMan's Lethal, Sir Toby
- My answer that will stand for Nation, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Hunger - never, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow