Before We Met
Do you remember how it was before we met?
Of course how can I forget.
Were you terribly lonely back then.
Well no, I had my parents and friends to cheer me up now and then.
What about boyfriends, lovers, and beaus?
I may have had a few of those.
By a few you mean no more than three.
Sure, somewhere in that vicinity.
What do you mean 'somewhere in that vicinity? '
Hey, what's with the third degree?
Sorry, I was just curious how much more than three.
What about you, do you remember how it was before we met?
Actually it's strange since we met I've seemed to forget.
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before We Met by Elena Plotkin )
- Proclaiming Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Easter, Naveed Khalid
- Mona Lisa, Naveed Khalid
- Exciting Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Three Days Before You Left, Mikey Bachman
- Conceptualizing Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Different Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Little Abstract, Naveed Khalid
- With a logic, hasmukh amathalal