Before We Met
Do you remember how it was before we met?
Of course how can I forget.
Were you terribly lonely back then.
Well no, I had my parents and friends to cheer me up now and then.
What about boyfriends, lovers, and beaus?
I may have had a few of those.
By a few you mean no more than three.
Sure, somewhere in that vicinity.
What do you mean 'somewhere in that vicinity? '
Hey, what's with the third degree?
Sorry, I was just curious how much more than three.
What about you, do you remember how it was before we met?
Actually it's strange since we met I've seemed to forget.
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before We Met by Elena Plotkin )
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
- America, Angela K Brown
- Moonly Pride, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Civil Disobedience, Angela K Brown
- Brown Skin, Angela K Brown
- In Spirit With The King, Tone Lyriker
- Knaha Tu Knha Mey! !, Amitava Sur
- Lagacy of a Wave, Bill Cantrell
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns