Before We Met
Do you remember how it was before we met?
Of course how can I forget.
Were you terribly lonely back then.
Well no, I had my parents and friends to cheer me up now and then.
What about boyfriends, lovers, and beaus?
I may have had a few of those.
By a few you mean no more than three.
Sure, somewhere in that vicinity.
What do you mean 'somewhere in that vicinity? '
Hey, what's with the third degree?
Sorry, I was just curious how much more than three.
What about you, do you remember how it was before we met?
Actually it's strange since we met I've seemed to forget.
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before We Met by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz
- Moon -haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- The Right Time, Sandra Feldman
- Forces at Play, Liilia Talts Morrison
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki