Before We Met
Do you remember how it was before we met?
Of course how can I forget.
Were you terribly lonely back then.
Well no, I had my parents and friends to cheer me up now and then.
What about boyfriends, lovers, and beaus?
I may have had a few of those.
By a few you mean no more than three.
Sure, somewhere in that vicinity.
What do you mean 'somewhere in that vicinity? '
Hey, what's with the third degree?
Sorry, I was just curious how much more than three.
What about you, do you remember how it was before we met?
Actually it's strange since we met I've started to forget.
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before We Met by Elena Plotkin )
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
- Old age in life among us., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Sonnet, Rachel Glassman
- In The Theatre of Life; In The Theatre o.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old age in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- So Are The Stars, Rachel Glassman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)