Before Romance Was Born
When the sun made love
To the moon
And gave birth to the stars.
The mother venus
Her husband Mars
And flew the blue
Flag of the sky.
And breathed fragrances
That rose so high
From the flora
Then miracles did blaze
In the heavens
-And through the fields did grow.
Sprayed with colours unknown.
Before romance was born.
In infant world forlorn.
You could hear a constellation cry.
And all the tears
Fell on a thirsty land.
Leaving great oceans
On a bed of sand.
And woman did emerge.
To touch and kiss
And quench the urge.
Preventing one last dawn-
The earth was happy and did spin.
In its dance
After romance was born.
After aeons of chance
Hearts were thrilled.
Wine was chilled.
Rivers did run
With silver thread.
And as the moon
Left her mate the sun
To every bell that ever rang
In a soul.
As the waves
With a drum roll
And the wind turned to breeze.
And brought stars to their knees.
To the sound of a distant horn.
Just after romance was born.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before Romance Was Born by Kevin East )
- The Search, C J Browning
- Each Page Is A Door To Another Place, Curtlan Popo
- Truly Normal, Robert Eckstein
- Believing In Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- BEAUTY ONLY, hasmukh amathalal
- Passion Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'It is, what it is', Mae AC.
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)