In maths I was average
Never appreciated the function
Very intimidated by this area
Got lost a multiple of times
Algebra? As easy as pie? haha
Thank Goodness Jack Kilby for your triumphant gadget!
The unknown number? 'C'
At English, I was as clumsy as a butterfly without wings
There wasn't A FORREST to walk through!
I had a GO. It was a MASSIVE walk in the dark.
I stumbled and unknowingly PEE'd but came through
with a 'B'and a 'C'
At art I was sketchy
We did not learn from the Greats
Or get to see the world through their eyes.
Technically, we never wrote more than our name on the back
My art emerged from ignorant pigment and HB and produced an 'E'
Geography was physically beautiful!
Although I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag, or remember many Capitals, I still ascended.
It was about the way of the land and people and populations!
I gloried at that globe and navigated an A
Science. What a cerebral exercise!
A new quirky language
Labelling and learning
A world in miniature to build as a concept
The gravity of it kept me rooted
The cause? Wonderment and osmotic thirst
The effect? An A
PE was just to keep us fit
RE was deemed morally essential (C)
Computers....Ahem.... Our school had Ten!
I still remember my schoolgirl French (C)
And don't mention zee Germans! (D)
I believe they have invented many more subjects since then?
My day when A was just A and not A*
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before A* by Stevie Taite )
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
- Caressing Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Slipping Away, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mother & Daughter, Taimane Fanene
- Is This Love, John Foster
- Time without beginnings a better fiend, Mark Heathcote
- Pain Behind a fake Smile, Curtis Brown
- Faiths gate opens on a garden of peace, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)