Best of friends they were
When did it all start?
I wonder the wind that blew
That brought down the walls
The wall they built around each other
Could it have been time?
Senseless I cried! !
The walls couldn't be bridged.
No tube, no tunnel
Even the wire failed.
Ever since April
When the rain started in may
The knot loosened
The ties that bound broken
Words like egg,
Once broken, forget the packer.
Walking on broken glasses?
Don't rouse the hen from its sleep
Let the sleeping dog lie.
From the Niger to the Benue
That place that connects
Seems also to separate
Will I ever understand
Something beyond repair
The crack in the wall
Neglect and ignorance widened
Check through the history
The fire that came from their bond
What took the fuel out of this?
We may never know.
Obviously, could be the apron string
Things could have just stop dead
The farm land may seem to have
Yeah as the walls thicken
What supports the fuel?
Hmm, might be pure truancy
One might have met Nancy
The other seeing gold
Could have joined a fold
The binding part wavers and weakens
When clouds replaces flesh
Could have been...
Reading through the years
Seeing time through the pictures
Memories come to play
A major anchor at the sea of thought
Wanting to grab the moment
Illusions boggles the factory
The product was pain
What became of the honey?
The length of pole handled
The mounds suckled
All a flash in the pan?
Emotions running wild
Then it occurred...
Everything grounded to a halt
Where am I?
How did we get here?
It wasn't so from the beginning
Like a diamond in the sky
Race to the center
A lot of ground has been lost
On one knee
The stronger went,
The weaker shaking
Rain falling from faces
The body vibration
.....The sorry moment over
Stronger than steel they came
Tender, closer and better
They laughed at the past
Listen to them chat
I see them just like it was,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Before by kolawole ogunfowokan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Communicating the Bird, Robert Ronnow
- Chinese Sonnets, Robert Ronnow
- Caterpillar fur, Robert Ronnow
- The One I Adore, Michael P. McParland
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid