Needed for producing
Fruits and veggies.
From flower to flower.
For harvesting honey
And pollination service.
Bees keep leading
A civilized life
Their social behavior's
An interesting study.
Die after mating
Queen lays eggs
A quarter million.
Queen lives for
About three years
Worker bees live
Only for a month.
To store in the hives.
Five hundred bees
Need to collect from
Two million flowers
For a pound of honey.
The beehive made
Of hexagonal cells
Nature's example of
Most compact structure.
Queen's reign and
And loyal hard work're
Pesticide use and
Are leading toward
Colony collapse disorder.
Bees give us honey
Bees give us food
They need protection
For our own good.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bee Colonies by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)