Needed for producing
Fruits and veggies.
From flower to flower.
For harvesting honey
And pollination service.
Bees keep leading
A civilized life
Their social behavior's
An interesting study.
Die after mating
Queen lays eggs
A quarter million.
Queen lives for
About three years
Worker bees live
Only for a month.
To store in the hives.
Five hundred bees
Need to collect from
Two million flowers
For a pound of honey.
The beehive made
Of hexagonal cells
Nature's example of
Most compact structure.
Queen's reign and
And loyal hard work're
Pesticide use and
Are leading toward
Colony collapse disorder.
Bees give us honey
Bees give us food
They need protection
For our own good.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bee Colonies by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
- Within The Forest, Brianna SaurusRex
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)