You were a living dead for many years
Before your body and mind gave up,
I try to bring you back to life,
Lady Lazarus, the way you used to live.
I try to know you, care and learn,
Your words, your pain, your struggles,
Your life and death a living water,
I need you, the way you used to live.
Amazing intensity to write through you,
Your pain my pain, your struggles for me,
My need to create from your life,
To die the way you used to live.
Jan Hauck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Becoming You by Jan Hauck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It's Raining (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Prime Truth - 86, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- A Dream Sleeps, Kyle Schlicher
- Is this that special day?, Ronald Chapman
- Is the Universe Really Dark?, Ronald Chapman
- The lone dog barks, Hardik Vaidya
- النبوءة الزائفة, بدر شاكر السياب
- In Charge Of The World, Ronald Chapman
- Zensual, F. J. Thomas
- my princess, Omobude Saint perry