What's Life still changing ev'ry hour?
Tis all the seasons in a Day!
The Smile, the Tear, the Sun, the Show'r'
Tis now December, now tis May
At morn we hail some envied Queen;
At eve she sinks some Cottage guest;
Yet if contentment gilds the scene
Contentment makes the Cottage blest.
Who more than I, this truth can feel?
I feel it yet am charm'd to find
While thus I turn the spinning-wheel
The station humbles not the mind.
Ah no! in days of youth and health
Nature will smile tho' fortune frown
Be this my song Content is wealth'
And duty ev'ry toil shall crown.
Charles Lamb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty's Song by Charles Lamb )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II