'' Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder ''
You can see it and hear it, it's a sensual taste,
Yes It is truly a gift to behold,
You can touch it or smell it on our senses it's based,
Aesthetically it begins to unfold.
So what is beauty how is it defined?
Is there a right or a wrong?
What is beautiful to someone who's blind?
To who or what does it really belong?
It can be hearing a song or a voice you love,
Which proves it doesn't need to be seen,
Thinking of the joys of Heaven above,
What you love someone else will demean.
Meeting your partner for the very first time,
Seeing your first child come alive,
Touching the peaks of those mountains you climb,
Feeling pride as your offspring thrive.
I can smell beauty in flowers and trees,
Others see it glisten in the skies,
A joy to behold is the taste of the seas,
To all of our senses it applies.
There is so much diversity in that very word,
Yet it's individual to one and all,
That's why this subject is going to be blurred,
What you love to some will appal.
Beauty is something we all seek in life,
Look, it stares us all in the face
It's a word that can cause such terrible strife,
Yet it's something we all love to embrace.
You don't need to search for it's all around,
We encounter it day in and day out,
By respecting all life it can be found,
It's a gift we are never without.
What you think is beautiful others may hate,
So don't force your opinion on another,
Some things will lift you while others deflate,
What you love to some may well smother.
Don't be self-righteous step down from your perch,
It's much deeper than the depth of our skin,
What you can't see is where you must search,
True beauty always comes from within.
It can't be taught nor can it be bought,
You'll not find it in a book or a folder,
The meaning of that word that you have sought,
‘' Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder ‘'
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('' Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beholder '' by bri mar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR