Which is called beauty?
Is there any definition of beauty?
No... beauty can not be defined.
Beauty can not be explained.
Its meaning varies place to place,
Time to time and person to person.
It is just a matter of feeling.
It is just a conception
Which different men take
In different ways.
A child looks beautiful
When he is with his mother
And speaks with her
By uttering just half sentence
Or some broken words,
When he tries to learn walking.
When he smiles in happiness,
When he plays with fond toys.
If he behaves like a mature man,
He doesn't looks beautiful to us.
Peacock looks beautiful
When it dances in a cloudy day.
Rose looks beautiful to us
As it attracts us with its hue and smell.
Sun looks beautuful to us
When it rises clearly out of the sea
And sets in the sea or open field
With round shape and red beams.
Moon looks beautiful
In the full moon in the fair sky.
Man with kind heart, good manner
And great virtue is beautiful.
Lovers must look beatiful to each other.
To Mother own child is beautiful.
To citizen motherland is beautiful.
Beauty is not purchased.
Beauty can not be sold.
Beauty is not touched.
Only a man with true heart
Can watch and feel beauty.
By Dipankar Sadhukhan
Poet & Teacher(English) ,
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable