Which is called beauty?
Is there any definition of beauty?
No... beauty can not be defined.
Beauty can not be explained.
Its meaning varies place to place,
Time to time and person to person.
It is just a matter of feeling.
It is just a conception
Which different men take
In different ways.
A child looks beautiful
When he is with his mother
And speaks with her
By uttering just half sentence
Or some broken words,
When he tries to learn walking.
When he smiles in happiness,
When he plays with fond toys.
If he behaves like a mature man,
He doesn't looks beautiful to us.
Peacock looks beautiful
When it dances in a cloudy day.
Rose looks beautiful to us
As it attracts us with its hue and smell.
Sun looks beautuful to us
When it rises clearly out of the sea
And sets in the sea or open field
With round shape and red beams.
Moon looks beautiful
In the full moon in the fair sky.
Man with kind heart, good manner
And great virtue is beautiful.
Lovers must look beatiful to each other.
To Mother own child is beautiful.
To citizen motherland is beautiful.
Beauty is not purchased.
Beauty can not be sold.
Beauty is not touched.
Only a man with true heart
Can watch and feel beauty.
By Dipankar Sadhukhan
Poet & Teacher(English) ,
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)