Which is called beauty?
Is there any definition of beauty?
No... beauty can not be defined.
Beauty can not be explained.
Its meaning varies place to place,
Time to time and person to person.
It is just a matter of feeling.
It is just a conception
Which different men take
In different ways.
A child looks beautiful
When he is with his mother
And speaks with her
By uttering just half sentence
Or some broken words,
When he tries to learn walking.
When he smiles in happiness,
When he plays with fond toys.
If he behaves like a mature man,
He doesn't looks beautiful to us.
Peacock looks beautiful
When it dances in a cloudy day.
Rose looks beautiful to us
As it attracts us with its hue and smell.
Sun looks beautuful to us
When it rises clearly out of the sea
And sets in the sea or open field
With round shape and red beams.
Moon looks beautiful
In the full moon in the fair sky.
Man with kind heart, good manner
And great virtue is beautiful.
Lovers must look beatiful to each other.
To Mother own child is beautiful.
To citizen motherland is beautiful.
Beauty is not purchased.
Beauty can not be sold.
Beauty is not touched.
Only a man with true heart
Can watch and feel beauty.
By Dipankar Sadhukhan
Poet & Teacher(English) ,
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis