Which is called beauty?
Is there any definition of beauty?
No... beauty can not be defined.
Beauty can not be explained.
Its meaning varies place to place,
Time to time and person to person.
It is just a matter of feeling.
It is just a conception
Which different men take
In different ways.
A child looks beautiful
When he is with his mother
And speaks with her
By uttering just half sentence
Or some broken words,
When he tries to learn walking.
When he smiles in happiness,
When he plays with fond toys.
If he behaves like a mature man,
He doesn't looks beautiful to us.
Peacock looks beautiful
When it dances in a cloudy day.
Rose looks beautiful to us
As it attracts us with its hue and smell.
Sun looks beautuful to us
When it rises clearly out of the sea
And sets in the sea or open field
With round shape and red beams.
Moon looks beautiful
In the full moon in the fair sky.
Man with kind heart, good manner
And great virtue is beautiful.
Lovers must look beatiful to each other.
To Mother own child is beautiful.
To citizen motherland is beautiful.
Beauty is not purchased.
Beauty can not be sold.
Beauty is not touched.
Only a man with true heart
Can watch and feel beauty.
By Dipankar Sadhukhan
Poet & Teacher(English) ,
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..