They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,
But wouldn’t that make beauty more like a mirror,
All you see is a reflection of what you could be,
For many, what you want to be.
Is there an actual definition of the perfect face?
Dazzling blue eyes, a perfectly rounded nose,
Smooth elegant skin and gently formed body,
The list is endless.
For many, beauty is only skin deep,
I don’t think many people realize that behind the face there is always an inner beauty,
Unfortunately this beauty is imprisoned in day to day life,
Only surfacing when we’re sure no one is watching.
For many girls makeup is the last lifeline,
Cheap imitation that turns you into something your not,
And yet still Inner Beauty is imprisoned,
Desperately fighting a loosing battle.
For once makeup touches your skin it has a hold on you,
Showing you what you could be, want to be,
And then for the rest of your life you find yourself feeding that addiction,
Inner Beauty is free, use it before it disappears.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Thomas Vaudin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas
- An Oridnary Modern Girl Wearing A Rudrak.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan
- Give me the wisdom of old age, Gregory Kelley
- नोँनि लुबैनायखौ आं बुजिबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey