They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,
But wouldn’t that make beauty more like a mirror,
All you see is a reflection of what you could be,
For many, what you want to be.
Is there an actual definition of the perfect face?
Dazzling blue eyes, a perfectly rounded nose,
Smooth elegant skin and gently formed body,
The list is endless.
For many, beauty is only skin deep,
I don’t think many people realize that behind the face there is always an inner beauty,
Unfortunately this beauty is imprisoned in day to day life,
Only surfacing when we’re sure no one is watching.
For many girls makeup is the last lifeline,
Cheap imitation that turns you into something your not,
And yet still Inner Beauty is imprisoned,
Desperately fighting a loosing battle.
For once makeup touches your skin it has a hold on you,
Showing you what you could be, want to be,
And then for the rest of your life you find yourself feeding that addiction,
Inner Beauty is free, use it before it disappears.
Thomas Vaudin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Thomas Vaudin )
- POITIERS AND BEYOND., Terry Collett
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)