They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,
But wouldn’t that make beauty more like a mirror,
All you see is a reflection of what you could be,
For many, what you want to be.
Is there an actual definition of the perfect face?
Dazzling blue eyes, a perfectly rounded nose,
Smooth elegant skin and gently formed body,
The list is endless.
For many, beauty is only skin deep,
I don’t think many people realize that behind the face there is always an inner beauty,
Unfortunately this beauty is imprisoned in day to day life,
Only surfacing when we’re sure no one is watching.
For many girls makeup is the last lifeline,
Cheap imitation that turns you into something your not,
And yet still Inner Beauty is imprisoned,
Desperately fighting a loosing battle.
For once makeup touches your skin it has a hold on you,
Showing you what you could be, want to be,
And then for the rest of your life you find yourself feeding that addiction,
Inner Beauty is free, use it before it disappears.
Thomas Vaudin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Thomas Vaudin )
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns