They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,
But wouldn’t that make beauty more like a mirror,
All you see is a reflection of what you could be,
For many, what you want to be.
Is there an actual definition of the perfect face?
Dazzling blue eyes, a perfectly rounded nose,
Smooth elegant skin and gently formed body,
The list is endless.
For many, beauty is only skin deep,
I don’t think many people realize that behind the face there is always an inner beauty,
Unfortunately this beauty is imprisoned in day to day life,
Only surfacing when we’re sure no one is watching.
For many girls makeup is the last lifeline,
Cheap imitation that turns you into something your not,
And yet still Inner Beauty is imprisoned,
Desperately fighting a loosing battle.
For once makeup touches your skin it has a hold on you,
Showing you what you could be, want to be,
And then for the rest of your life you find yourself feeding that addiction,
Inner Beauty is free, use it before it disappears.
Thomas Vaudin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Thomas Vaudin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Challenge To The Dark, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V